Interested in joining The Kansas Police Dog Association?
We are excited to have new members, and we guarantee you will find our group to be welcoming and helpful. We have members who have been handling weeks, months, and years. Our membership is diverse in that we have brand new handlers, experienced handlers and seasoned trainers. Our only purpose is to help make you the best team you can be. Our members enjoy numerous training opportunities throughout the year all over the State of Kansas. We have regional groups that train together weekly and monthly, as well as statewide training opportunities at least twice each calendar year - one in the spring, one in the fall. The training is FREE to all members. We do charge membership dues, as well as a fee to certify teams. This money helps pay to bring in guest trainers and provide necessary training supplies.
What else do you get? As a KPDA member, you will get access to the "Members Only" portal of our website. We have forums for our members to discuss deployments, training issues, or just say "HI" to each other. We also have case law updates on the site and we have access to legal advice from an attorney who has practiced both in State court and Federal Court in Kansas for several years. All this, plus networking and the contacts you need to help you through any situation makes our $35.00 membership fee truly worth every penny!
In addition to our Active Members (consisting of full-time K9 teams), we offer Associate Memberships and a Corporate Membership. See the table below to see which membership level fits you!
- Commissioned Law Enforcement Officer
- Primary job purpose is public safety
- Handles or trains within a canine unit
- Shall NOT be one who receives only personal gain from the canine
- Active Members may vote and hold office
- Any business, person, or organization ,not affiliated with Law Enforcement Agencies, who wishes to promote and assist the KPDA in their mission of the betterment of police canine programs.
- Corporate Membership may not vote or hold office